Events ManagersAt Hanbury Barns
Your First Visit To Hanbury Barns
Our wonderful team of Event Managers are specialists in the wedding industry and are on hand to answer any questions, 7 days a week.
We recognise the importance of details when it comes to weddings, so whatever your query, we are always ready and waiting to help.
From your very first visit to Hanbury Barns right up until the end of your wedding day, The Hanbury Barns Events Managers will support you the whole way and will be there to offer advice and ensure you get the wedding day you've always dreamed of.
Your Day, Your Way
Throughout your wedding planning journey, we get as involved just as much as you want. Some couples prefer to handle everything themselves and talk us through the plans at the Planning Meeting; others like to take advantage of their personal team of wedding specialists and bounce ideas of us as they go. However you prefer to do things, we want you to feel reassured that we're here to help. We appreciate how much of a privilege it is to be a part of of your big day and we want to ensure it's exactly how you have envisioned.
Your Planning Meeting
Around 3 months before the big day you'll be invited to your Planning Meeting at Hanbury Barns with your allocated Events Manager who will be running your wedding day.
This is a wonderful opportunity to discuss your plans in person to allow your Events Manager to gain a detailed understanding of exactly how you'd like your day to run.
During your Planning Meeting, your Events Manager will ask you for the details of your chosen suppliers, florist, photographer etc. Together, you will establish your wedding timings and the running order of the day.
We will also confirm your 9am slot to drop off all your wedding items, the day before your wedding. This will include any drinks you may be supplying as well as decorative items and things like place cards, favours etc.
Online Wedding Planner
Your Events Manager will input all this information into the 'My Wedding Day' page of your personal area on our website where you will be invited to review it. It's a wonderful feeling to see all of your hard work come together in one cohesive document.
Your Events Manager will use this resource throughout your wedding day, so it's important that it's kept up to date by advising us of any changes or updates before the big day.
- Transfer ceremony decorations to the Wedding Breakfast barn and light any candles.
- Keep a close eye on timings and work with your wedding key players to ensure that your guests are all seated on time for the Wedding Breakfast.
- Orchestrate your grand entrance into The Wedding Breakfast Barn to an enthusiastic welcome from guests.
- Place gifts and cards safely into the secure client store.
- Prepare the microphone in time for speeches.
- Assist the catering team in making any changes required to the tables and chairs after the wedding breakfast, this could be adding extra tables and chairs in preparation for any additional evening guests.
- Gather guests for your cake cut and encourage you onto the dance floor for your First Dance.
- Remain on hand to help with any requests during the evening and wish you well at the end of the night.
Venue Dressing Guidelines
On Your Wedding Day
Your Event Manager will remain onsite throughout your entire wedding day, working hard to ensure everything goes to plan.
You can count on us to orchestrate your venue setup, briefly, we’ll:
- Ensure that the ceremony and wedding breakfast seating are set out in your chosen configuration.
- Place out your table decorations including name place cards, favours, simple centrepieces etc.
- Welcome you on your arrival and ensure you're settled in with everything you need in The Dressing Room.
- Help your florist and cake supplier find what they need to set up.
- Greet your guests as they arrive.
- Pin button holes (we’ve had lots of practice!)
- Communicate with your Registrar to ensure the ceremony runs as expected with the correct music.
- Discuss timings with your photographer.
- Monitor and adjust the temperature in the venue as required.